Let us discuss some special scenarios that we might face in Informatica 8.x environments.
A. In Informatica 8.x, multiple integration services can be enabled under one node. In case if there is a need to determine the process associated with an Integration service or Repository service, then it can be done as follows.
If there are multiple Integration Services enabled in a node, there are multiple pmserver processes running on the same machine. In PowerCenter 8.x, it is not possible to differentiate between the processes and correlate it to a particular Integration Service, unlike in 7.x where every pmserver process is associated with a specific pmserver.cfg file. Likewise, if there are multiple Repository Services enabled in a node, there are multiple pmrepagent processes running on the same machine. In PowerCenter 8.x, it is not possible to differentiate between the processes and correlate it to a particular Integration Service.
To do these in 8.x do the following:
1. Log on to the Administration Console
2. Click on Logs > Display Settings.
3. Add Process to the list of columns to be displayed in the Log Viewer.
4. Refresh the log display.
5. Use the PID from this column to identify the process as follows:
Run the following command:
ps –ef grep pid
Where pid is the process ID of the service process.
- Run task manager.
- Select the Processes tab.
Scroll to the value in the PID column that is displayed in the PowerCenter Administration Console.
B. Sometimes, the PowerCenter Administration Console URL is inaccessible from some machines even when the Informatica services are running. The following error is displayed on the browser:
“The page cannot be displayed”
The reason for this is due to an invalid or missing configuration in the hosts file on the client machine.
To resolve this error, do the following:
- Edit the hosts file located in the windows/system32/drivers/etc folder on the server from where the Administration Console is being accessed.
- Add the host IP address and the host name (for the host where the PowerCenter services are installed).
- Launch the Administration Console and access the login page by typing the URL: http://<host>:<port>/adminconsole in the browser address bar.
It should be noted that the host name in the URL matches the host entry in the hosts file.