Hip Hip Hurray !!!! 2 Lewis Hamilton Fans !!!!!
Its a dream run on monaco for his team. And it is also time for us to hit the fast track to part 2 of the single sign on between Microsoft and Peoplesoft,
Steps to perform on LDAP:
1. Access ldp.exe from within the Microsoft Active Directory
2. Connect to the LDAP server with the default port 389 (click on Connection->connect)
3. Click connection-> bind and enter the user account name and password
4. Click View->TreeView and enter the Base DN (DC=Helix,DC=Hexaware,DC=com)
5. Select the User Group present with the ldap, CN=Users, DC=Helix, DC=Hexaware, DC=com
6. Select the administrator listed down under the selected user group (e.g CN = Hexaware Admin, CN=Users, DC=Helix, DC=Hexaware, DC=com)
Sample Environment Used: DNS- Helix.Hexaware.com
Steps to do on Peoplesoft:
1. Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > Directory > Configure Directory
2. Create a New Directory ID
3. Select the directory product as ‘Microsoft Active Directory’
4. Enter the default connect DN (The steps are listed on the above section, e.g CN = Hexaware Admin, CN=Users, DC=Helix, DC=Hexaware, DC=com)
5. Enter the administrator password for the administrator user id ‘Hadminis’
6. Enter the LDAP Server Name and the default port 389
7. In the Additional Connect DN’s tab, enter the User DN “Helix\Hadminis” and its password
8. Now test the connectivity to get the success on all the sub sections.
Most Common Errors:
1. User who is setting up the single sign on should be aware of the difference between the Administrator User ID and Its Canaonical Name
2. In Connectivity Failure – Use Network Analyzer Tool ( I will bring in more details in my next post)
Hope the start off steps helps ,.. Await more on Peoplesoft Schema Caching in pitstop’s next post.